One day you think you can eat a spinach and egg-white omelet for breakfast, a superfood salad for lunch and a lean fish for dinner.. some other days you crave those little muffins that are going to help you stay on your health track but also let you indulge…
Today was definitely one of those days. This banana-bread-style recipe has saved my life more than once. The little muffins make a great snack or breakfast on the go and are incredibly easy to make. Check it out !
Prep time : 10 minutes – Cooking time : 15-18 minutes
Ingredients for 10 to 12 muffins :
- 2 and 1/2 cup (350g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of almond milk ( or greek yogurt)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 ts baking soda
- Honey to taste ( I put 1/2 cup so 170g)
- A pinch of salt
- 3 full cage-free eggs
- 50 half-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joe’s
- Pre-heat your oven at 450 F (230 C)
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl : almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon
- Mix your eggs, mashed bananas and honey in another bowl
- Put your two mixtures together in one of the bowls until it makes a thick batter
- Oil your muffin pan with coconut oil, dish your batter in each muffin alcove and add a few half sweet chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes (until you can put a toothpick in the middle and it comes out dry)
- Let rest and enjoy while still warm !
I love them. Would you try them out?