Fries are my guilty pleasure. If you see me at a restaurant and I pick the salad as a side and not the fries, it means I am sick. There is no way in the world I can resist this little piece of potato heaven… But I know it’s not the best for my body as it is fried and usually super salty. So I decided to make my own – this way I know how it’s made and I control the amount of salt and fat I put in !
To replace fast food, you kinda need a super easy/fast recipe so… here is my secret :
Prep time : 5 minutes – Cooking time : 20 minutes
- Sweet potatoes (I use 3 small ones for Bobby and I)
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven at 450 F (230 C)
- Clean your potatoes
- Take off the peel or not – it’s up to your taste but I personally keep it
- Cut your potatoes in 1/4 or 1/8 – this is a step you need to adapt to the size of your sweet potatoes. For medium potatoes I usually cut it in 4 first pieces and then in 4 pieces each
- Put your fries on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper – mix with your hands so the oil goes all around the pieces
- I add Tajin spices as well to add a bit of spicy but you don’t have to
- Let it cook on the oven for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, check on your fries and move them a little – turn them around to make sure each side is golden brown
- Take them out and let it sit for 5 minutes before enjoying !
Do you like sweet potatoes or are you an OG and prefer white potatoes ? I love both but really advise you to try those fries !