Nothing harder than to motivate yourself after a long day of work to make a healthy and fun dish… We’ve all been there, we wish we could prep something super quickly and that it won’t jeopardise all the efforts we made in the gym 🙂
This dish is extremely simple and quick to make!
Prep and cooking time : 20 minutes
You will need the following ingredients :
- Shrimps (usually 5 or 6 per person is enough) – I used frozen and defrosted them during the day but you can also use fresh ones
- 1 lemon juice + 1 full lemon
- garlic powder
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1 cup (185g) broccolis, fresh or frozen
- a carb of your choice : rice pilaf, whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta. this time I used Isreali couscous
Israeli couscous :
- If you are doing an Isreali couscous like me, you will have to cook it in a pan with coconut or avocado oil for 5 minutes (until golden brown).
- After 5 minutes, add 1 and 2/3 cup (400 ml) water and let it cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Let it sit while you prepare the rest…
Parsley, garlic, lemon shrimps :
- Oil your pan with avocado, coconut or canola oil
- Wait until it is really hot and drop your shrimps, let them sizzle 3 minutes per side approximately
- Once they are pink, add the broccoli and let it cook for 2 minutes (I like my broccoli almost raw, I think it tastes better and is not as mushy…)
- Add the lemon juice, the parsley and the garlic powder and let it cook for 1 more minute after you mix everything together
- Serve the shrimps on the Israeli couscous and add a few lemon slices for taste and to make it pretty and like you know what you’re doing 😉
- Add any salt and pepper (to taste) and enjoy while hot
Let me know your thoughts,
Pin it on Pinterest !