Pizza, pizza, pizza… A favourite dish for half the planet. I have had the chance to be in Italy a few times (Rome, Venice, Naples and the Amalfi Coast, Turin and the Piemonte Mountains…) and each time, pizza never disappointed.
But in the US and in France, I have rarely craved pizza and especially the ones that are frozen or that you get delivered. I think they are too greasy, very heavy and just not that amazing… Once in a while though, I love indulging in something different and that’s why we bought the cauliflower pizza crust from Trader Joe’s. If you don’t have this grocery store around, I’ll give you a recipe on how to make it on your own.
The crust was very good. The texture, the taste… everything made me think of a lighter pizza. Top it with your favorite ingredients and you’ll get a perfect little dinner !
Prep time : 5 min – Cooking Time – 25 minutes
- Cauliflower pizza crust (Trader Joe’s or homemade)
- Pizza sauce or low fat tomato sauce
- fresh baby spinach
- shredded mozarella
- Jamon, ham, pepperoni, thin sliced tofu… this is up to your taste 🙂
- Preheat the oven at 450 F (230 C)
- Put the cauliflower crust on an oiled sheet pan (I use avocado oil)
- Bake one side for 10 minutes. Turn it around and bake the other side or 10 minutes
- Take your crust out, make sure it is well cooked. Apply the tomato sauce on top.
- Add your shredded cheese, ham
- Broil your pizza for 5 minutes
- Take out and add your spinach
- Broil for another 1 minute
- Take out and let cool for 2 minutes before serving. Enjoy!