Mondaaaaays… Just not a fun day, is it? Well, on this Thursday, let me get you ready for next week ;). Grab your ingredients during groceries this week-end and get started!
This recipe is made to avoid the “case of the Mondays”. Prepare them on Sunday night and take them to go on Monday morning. It will make your coworkers happy and your belly just as much!
This recipe is still on the healthy side but not as much as the previous ones. Just because I used a little bit more flour/oil than usual and I could not swap all the ingredients.
Tip : Use grated carrots instead of grating them yourself. You will gain a considerate amount of time on that recipe. I grated my own carrots and I have to say my arm is not over it… 🙂
Prep : 10 mins + 10 mins to peel and grate the carrots – Cooking time : 12 mins
- 1 ¾ cup (200g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots ( I used 8 small carrots, around 100g)
- ½ cup (65g) chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup (80ml) avocado oil
- ½ cup (170g) honey
- 1/2 cup (100g) organic coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) almond milk
- 1 ripe banana – these two last ingredients are here to replace butter or buttermilk but feel free to forget the banana/almond milk combo and use vegan butter
- Preheat your oven at 425 F (220 C)
- In a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mash your ripe banana. Add the eggs, milk, honey, avocado oil. Stir well.
- Peel and grate your carrots. Add them to your banana mix and stir well.
- Pour the mix in your bowl with the dry ingredients and make sure you stir until as smooth as possible.
- Add the walnuts. Here I should have added blueberries! So if you want to add a little more of a “dessert feel” to these muffins, I suggest you add your favourite fruit 🙂
- Oil your oven muffin pan with spray coconut oil and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until your knife comes out clean if put in the middle
- Let cool for a bit. Plate and enjoy !
Mine came out a little unsweetened (I really wanted to be able to taste the carrot) so we added strawberry jam on top each time we ate them. It was amazing! Add jam or even powdered sugar or honey/syrup to make it a little sweeter.
Do you love carrot cake? 🥕🥕🥕Would you try this recipe?