Ahhh Trader Joe’s, my one and only “sad dinner night” saver!
Cooking dinner during the week is not easy for everyone. Finding ways to make it healthy is even less funny. After work, it’s very easy to indulge or decide to order in. I am guilty of that, especially because i LOVE sushis and could eat them every night. But if you want to remain healthy, I believe finding new fun ingredients is the key.
When I heard about TJ’s cauliflower gnocchi on social media, I had to give it a try. They get a bit tricky with preparation but they taste extremely good.
Be careful though, as you can definitely feel the cauliflower. Do not expect to eat regular gnocchi or you might be very disappointed. The texture however is very similar to potato gnocchi – they really trick you.
Prep time : 10 minutes – Cooking time : 20 minutes
For a quick dinner for two, here is the list of ingredients you will need :
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz (100g) fresh green beans
- TJ’s cauliflower gnocchi ( 1 pack)
- Salt, pepper
- Olive Oil
- garlic powder and onion powder
- Preheat your oven at 415 F (215 C)
- Place your chicken and green beans on a sheet pan – drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Add onion powder on the chicken only
- The green beans should be spaced enough so each can cook well
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes (this time might have to be adapted for the asparagus depending if yours are smaller or bigger – be mindful of your timing and check regularly
When you have 5 minutes left cooking time for your chicken and green beans…
- Take your cauliflower gnocchi out of the freezer – DO NOT DEFROST THEM
- Put olive oil, salt and pepper in a high-heat skillet
- Pour the cauliflower in an even layer and cook them on high heat for 2 min (until golden brown) on each side.
Note : I defrosted my gnocchi the first time, trying to follow another recipe and they came out a bit sticky and difficult to handle. So make sure you keep them frozen.
- Place green beans, chicken and cauliflower gnocchi in your plate
Do you like cauliflower? Would you try it?
Let me know what you think but it takes less than 30 minutes and is healthy and tasty. I think it’s perfect!