Today I tried to tackle one of my biggest issues : snacking healthy. Is that something you struggle with too ?
Snacks containing enough protein without too much sugar get boring.It’s always the same thing. I am not a fan of pre-made cereal bars (I think they are full of sugar). I love to munch on fruits but they don’t really have protein. I don’t like protein shakes and am not either a fan of smoothies.. So it gets hard !
Last week, I decided to give a try to these no-bake protein energy balls. They are full of good things for you and are quick to make. You won’t need to bake them in the oven, which is so convenient! Also they look cute 🙂
Prep time : 15 minutes
- 1 cup (175g or around 8 pieces) pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup (65g) natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (25g) chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup (90g) raw oats rolled or steel cut – I use steel cut 🙂
- 1/4 cup (50g) dark half-sweet chocolate chips
- While you prepare and measure your other ingredients : put your dates in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them. Then pit them if they are not already pitted.
- Put the dates in a mixer or food processor
- add the PB and mix again
- Then add the protein powder, coconut oil and oats
- Mix again
- Put the paste in a bowl and put your hands in it 🙂 add the chocolate chips and rub into a malleable paste.
- Pick up balls from your bowl. Use a 1 tbsp measuring cup to help get the perfect ball size and use your hands to make the balls as round as possible
- Dispose in an airtight container in the fridge and let it sit
You can keep the balls for 2 weeks in the fridge, they conserve very well!
They are delicious and filling, packed with protein and fibre.
Let me know your thoughts,