Sunday Mornings are my favourite. you wanna know why ? Because… PANCAKES. Not only of course. I also love staying in bed a little later than usually, knowing that we have a full day of nothing ahead.
Pancakes are a real treat for us so it’s always good to have a healthier version on hand. This one really makes the pancakes fluffy and savoury without having too much refined sugar or flour. That is mostly thanks to the protein powder and the bananas, you’ll see!
Next Sunday, enjoy this healthy recipe. Freeze whatever you have extra because they work very well in the toaster later.
Prep time : 10 minutes – Cooking time : 20 minutes or more depending on your rhythm
- 2 cups (315g) whole-wheat flour
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup (100g) protein powder (chocolate flavour)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (can be replaced by honey or agave)
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 (430ml) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips (dark chocolate, half sweet)
- butter, avocado oil spray or butter to fry your pancakes
- strawberries for serving + maple syrup to your taste
- In a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, baking soda, coconut sugar, salt)
- In another bowl, mash your bananas until smooth
- Add the milk and eggs and whisk a little
- Add your “wet” mixture into your dry one and stir until the batter is smooth
- Add the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter in a small amount on your medium-high heat pan
- Make sure your pan is already hot when you pour the batter in
- Wait until pancake makes bubbles and flip it over
- Cook until brown and plate
- Continue until you don’t have batter anymore and enjoy!
We usually wait until they are all done to eat them but last Sunday it was impossible. Breakfast was over way before we finished cooking haha..
Let me know if you have other fun tweaks on this recipe,
Pin it on Pinterest !