Another one of my go-to recipe when I need a quick, filling and healthy dinner during the week. This recipe works really well with pork chops, chicken breasts and tofu!
These kinds of meals are all about the seasoning. We use very simple ingredients (carrots, pork) but the seasoning makes it special and fancier! Garlic, soy and honey are 3 ingredients that work really well together. They don’t overpower the meat and just give it an asian-food taste.
Prep time : 5-10 minutes – Cooking time : 20 minutes
- 3 pork chops for 2 people
- garlic powder
- 1 cup (240ml) low-salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- purple, yellow and regular carrots
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- carb of your choice : we picked whole wheat couscous for this one
- Preheat the oven at 450 F (230 C)
- In a reusable bag or in a bowl, dispose the pork chops in soy sauce, garlic powder and honey. Use your hands and get the 3 ingredients well-mixed onto the chops
- Let it rest for 5 minutes in the fridge while the oven is heating
- In the meantime, place your carrots on the sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil + salt and pepper
- Once the oven is ready, place your pork on the same sheet pan as the carrots. Both will cook at the same time.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes and then turn around the chops and move your carrots
- After 10 more minutes, check if the pork is cooked and if your carrots are getting tender
- Serve on a plate with the carb of your choice. Enjoy while hot!
Please note, we love our carrots very firm. If you’d like them more tender, you should try to let them cook for 30 minutes so place them in the oven 10 minutes before your pork.
Send me a message if you try it 🙂