Brownies are my favourite food to indulge in. Who would say no to chocolate ? However when it comes to making a healthy version of them, it’s another story. For my first try, I have to admit it feels like I created a brownie-muffin combo more than a real brownie.
I’ll share with you this recipe today and be assured I’ll keep working on my quest to getting the same texture and taste but with the protein/healthy side.
They are super easy to make and still extremely tasty..so check it out below!
Prep time : 5-10 minutes – Cooking Time : 20-25 minutes
- 1 scoop (20g) chocolate protein powder (we order ours on myprotein.com and I got the Chocolate Smooth Whey Protein. You guys can use a vegan protein too)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (88g) Agave Syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175ml) almond milk or 2/3 cup (165g) nut butter (almond, peanut…)
- 2 tsp coconut oil ( 1 for the melted chocolate and 1 to oil the pan)
- 1 and 1/2 cup (265g) of dark chocolate chips
- crushed walnuts if you want 🙂
- Preheat your oven at 350 F (175 C)
- In a bowl, mash your banana, add your eggs and mix them together
- Add the other ingredients (almond butter, agave, baking soda, protein powder, salt and crushed walnuts)
- in a small bowl, put your chocolate chips with the olive oil. Put it in the microwave by increments of 30 seconds until perfectly melted and blended
- Pour the melted chocolate in your mix and stir until smooth
- Oil an 8×8 pan and spread your mix into it. The mix should be laying flat with the same thickness
- Add a few chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked
- Take the pan out and let it cool
- Cut your brownies into squares and plate them. Enjoy!
The truth is I forgot the nut butter in my recipe, that is why they came out a little more like muffins. So just let me know how it goes for you! I’ll be back for another batch soon but in the meantime, these protein brownies will make any workout addict happy. It is sweet, healthier and so satisfying.
Pin it on Pinterest !