I wanted to make beautiful green crepes. But I don’t know what I was expecting because :
1 ) It was my first time making crepes ever so it was for sure that I would not excel at it
2) Using one green ingredient does not guarantee you will have green crepes. That’s just not how it works 😉
So my matcha crepes are not green – it’s probably because I use a matcha latte powder and not a strict matcha powder.
And making crepes is hard the 1st time. It takes patience and a really good hand. But I am pretty proud of myself because they are delicious and still pretty enough.
To make around 12 crepes (including thick ones, thin ones, small ones and big ones hahaha), you will need only 7 ingredients. It took me 45 minutes total but once again… 1st crepes ever so I am sure I was extra slow…
Prep time : 5 minutes – cooking time : 20 minutes (for a non-beginner person)
- 2.5 cup (180g) of whole wheat flour (or regular all-purpose)
- 2.5 cup (600ml) milk – I use unsweetened almond
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp matcha latter powder (from Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tbsp oil (I used avocado)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.5 tsp baking soda (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine your whole wheat flour, matcha powder, salt + baking powder
- Make a well in the middle and pour your whisked eggs. Add the oil.
- Mix and slowly incorporate the milk while you keep mixing until it makes a uniform/smooth liquid batter
- Add honey
- In a skillet pan, put some oil and let it warm well
- Once the skillet is evenly hot, pour 1 ladle of batter into it as flat and thin as possible, swirl the batter so it goes until the edges of your pan
- Ruin 2 or 3 crepes and eat them to figure out how it works (optional of course hahaha)
- Place your crepes on a plate and serve with fruits, sugar, jam or nuts. Enjoy!
If you want your crepes to be green, I think you might need to use green food colouring or maybe just use way more matcha/a better quality one.. I am not sure yet and will have to try this recipe again to figure it out.
Just like that they taste sweet and tasty and it’s a good change to regular crepes!
Pin it on Pinterest !