We bought a 10$ individual waffle maker at Target and it has changed our brunch game forever !
Follow this link to buy your own and start making those healthy whole wheat waffles :).
The recipe is as simple as it gets and the waffle maker allows you to spice it up. For example, Sunday instead of just making wheat waffles, we beat an egg and poured it in the waffle maker and it made beautiful and healthy scrambled egg waffles. We are going to try it again with some shredded potatoes next time 🙂
These are healthy because they are dairy free and have no added sugar.
Prep time : 5 min – Baking time : 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cup (410 ml) almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut or avocado oil
- 1 and 1/2 cup (230g) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your waffle maker and spray it once with cooking spray
- Prepare your batter by mixing all dry ingredients in 1 bowl flour, baking soda, salt)
- Mix your wet ingredients in another bowl (eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract).
- Add the wet ingredients by mixing them into your dry mixture
- Let it rest for 5 min
- Laddle enough batter to cover the centre of your waffle maker
- Let it cook for a few minutes (mines are ready in 2 min but check it often to find your way)
- Put your waffles on a plate, under a cloth to keep them warm until you eat them
- Dress with blueberries, syrup, jam or anything you like 🙂
Note that you could add a bit of honey to the batter (1 tsp) and a dash of cinnamon if you want them sweeter and tastier.
PS : For the egg waffles you see in the pictures, just beat your egg in a bowl. Then spray your waffle iron with cooking spray and pour your egg in the centre of it. It will cook faster than the waffles (maybe 1 min). And you’re done!
Have a fantastic brunch next week-end! and let me know if you like them!