My take on bo-bun basically consisted in making an asian inspired bowl of goodness. I only kept what Bobby and I love from bo-buns and just rocked it for lunch during 2 days.
The only difficulty about this recipe is getting all of the ingredients. Other than that, the steps are pretty seamless. So, prepare your shopping list and make yourself some wonderful food next week!
Prep time : 15 min – cooking time : 15 min
- Shredded carrots
- Mint leaves
- Roasted and unsalted peanuts
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Rice noodles
- Tofu pasta
- Green onions
- Chicken tenders
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- For the rice noodles : put some water to boil, and let cook in boiling water for 5 minutes. Put aside while it cools.
- For the tofu noodles : cut a few pieces of green onions and make them cook in sesame oil. Add your noodles, garlic powder and soy sauce and cook in your pan for around 8 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- For the chicken : Cook it in a pan until cooked through. Add salt and pepper while it cooks on each side around 3 min. Let it cool before your shred it with 2 forks.
- In individual bowls, place your cold rice noodles, cold tofu noodles, shredded chicken, shredded carrots.
- Cut your cucumbers into small sticks, cut a few fresh green onions as well as the mint
- Add cucumbers, mint, onions and roasted peanuts on top of your bowl
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and serve!
For this recipe, I let you figure out your own quantities. It can totally vary. For us, we cooked everything we had and just spread it in 4 servings (2 per day).
For the second day, I made a peanut butter sauce to add some taste to the whole bowl. For this, I just put peanut butter in soy sauce and mixed well with a little bit of water.
Enjoy this wonderful summer lunch or dinner!